Kihoku Town 鬼北町
Kihoku is a broad town made up of amalgamated villages, primarily the two towns of Hiyoshi and Hiromi. The population is about 12,000. Kihoku’s local products are pheasant, yuzu, shiitake and rice.
Location / Access / Transport
- By train: 45 minutes from Uwajima. The main station is Chikanaga (近永).
- By car: 20 minutes, east of Uwajima.
- Big Fuji, Rich and Shinbashi (supermarket)
- Shimamura – clothing store across from the big Fuji
- Jyujyu – good Korean BBQ restaurant
- Toyoken – Korean BBQ and sushi
- Mama – Japanese style izakaya
- Ichi – another izakaya
- Yesterday – café/bar with great atmosphere, often hosts live bands.
- Nagashi somen
- Narukawa hot spring
- Narukawa Gorge – A beautiful nature area near the hot spring. There are several hiking trails near the Narukawa lodge area.
- Video rental place by Jyujyu
Tourism / Festivals / Highlights
- Ushioni devil cow festival (November)
- Dechikonka Festival (October)
- Dechikonka Natsunojin, Kawanobri (July)
- Summer festival (July)