Matsuno Town 鬼北町
Matsuno has a population of about 4,500, and is famous for yuzu and rice. It is located on Route 381, near Kihoku.
Website – http://www.town.matsuno.ehime.jp/
Location / Access / Transport
- By train: to/from Uwajima – about 45 minutes. The station is Matsumaru (松丸).
- By bus: to/from Uwajima – about 55 minutes from the roadside station - Michinoeki
- By car: to/from Matsuyama – about 2.5 hours.
- Aco-op supermarket
- Nametoko Gorge – beautiful area, great for hiking and camping! But watch out for the
monkeys! There is also an onsen.
- Poppo Onsen – A very nice onsen located right next to Matsuno train station. There are multiple
outdoor and indoor pools. Entry is 500 yen.
- Aquarium – entry is 800yen.