Getting Tourist Visas

If you are traveling to a country that is not your home country, it is important to check whether you require a tourist visa or not. Tourist visas are generally valid for a two week to one month stay, depending on the county of course. The visa process can be as easy as walking straight through customs, to prolonged advanced applications. Check with your home embassy and plan accordingly.

Tourist Visa Links

In order to make it easier to find information about Tourist Visas, we’ve collected a list of links. This list is not comprehensive and focuses primarily on countries in Asia, the ones a lot of Ehime-ites have visited in the past. We highly encourage you to double check these visa requirements from your home country embassies before finalising flight and accommodation reservations. If you have other additions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!

Special Re-entry Permit System

Foreign nationals in possession of a valid passport and resident card who will be reentering Japan within 1 year of their departure to continue their activities in Japan will, in principle, not be required to apply for a re-entry permit (this is called a special re-entry permit). When you leave Japan, you must fill out an ED card and tick the column indicating your intention of departure by the Special Re-entry Permit System. See Immigration Bureau of Japan website for more information.

Matsuyama Immigration Office

Matsuyama Joint Government Building 1F
188-6 Miyata-cho, Matsuyama-shi
Ehime-ken, 8790-0066

[Office Hours]
Monday – Friday (9:00am-12noon / 1pm – 4pm) closed public holidays

[Phone Numbers]